Friday, January 29, 2010

NFL Hall of Famer Steve Young

I had the honor of recently taping a public service announcement for my favorite cause, Children’s Miracle Network, and it was a blast!

I have been affiliated with Children’s Miracle Network for 25 years and have personally witnessed their incredible devotion and efforts to improve and save the lives of children across the country. This year, I am honored again to help Children’s Miracle Network increase awareness about an important fundraising event organized by IHOP — National Pancake Day. On Tuesday February 23, 2010, IHOP restaurants nationwide will give-away free buttermilk pancakes; millions of them! In exchange, they hope you will leave a little something behind for Children’s Miracle Network.

The Public Service Announcement I taped will air on television and radio stations across the county in the near future and you can see it now on IHOP’s YouTube channel at
www.youtube.com/ihop. Hopefully, it will remind you to stop into IHOP on February 23 and enjoy some great mouth-watering pancakes and make a donation on behalf of children in need in your local area.

The National Pancake Day campaign is a significant annual fundraiser for Children’s Miracle Network. IHOP has an ambitious goal to raise more than $1.75 million with this year’s campaign.

I am planning to take my family to IHOP on National Pancake Day and you should too. What could be better than free delicious pancakes and helping my favorite cause? I hope to see lots of others there, opening up their wallets to help Children’s Miracle Network.

And don’t forget to check back to
www.IHOPPancakeDay.com; starting February 1, you’ll have a chance to enter a contest to win a year’s supply of free pancakes and you will be able to sign up to receive a wake-up call from me or other celebrity supporters of Children’s Miracle Network.

Help me help children in need!

Steve Young