Friday, February 5, 2010

2010 Miss America Caressa Cameron

I am so excited to have been selected to be Miss America 2010! I look forward to devoting this next year to important causes and issues nationwide. It is a dream come true.

One of my first tasks as Miss America is to serve as a national spokesperson for IHOP’s National Pancake Day, set for February 23. On that day, everyone can stop into an IHOP for free flapjacks! Really! Free pancakes for all! IHOP plans to give away millions of them between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. and in turn, they hope that satisfied guests will leave a little something behind for one of my favorite charities...Children’s Miracle Network. Their goal is to raise $1.75 million for Children’s Miracle Network and other local charities this year. That would make it “five in five” for IHOP, or more than $5 million raised for local charities in their first five years of National Pancake Day. And guess what? The contribution you leave behind will benefit a Children’s Hospital program in your neighborhood.

On National Pancake Day, I will be at IHOP enjoying my free short stack, welcoming guests and serving a few pancakes. Maybe I will see you there!


To help you remember to get your free short stack on February 23, I would like to give you a personal wake up call that morning. All you have to do is log onto www.IHOPPancakeDay.com to register for a call from me. There is also a lot of information there, and it is a great place to find out where your local IHOP is.

How cool is National Pancake Day? To me, this amazing annual fundraising effort is like the world’s largest pancake party.

Won’t you help me help improve and save the lives of kids in your neighborhood?